Month: December 2012
I decided to up my gym activity over the last two weeks, trying to go more consistently and focus on a few exercises. I’ve started physio on my shoulder and have got back some of the mobility that I lost. I can now perform bodyweight resistance exercises like the dip, but cannot yet do anything overhead. Pull-ups were OK, but I’ve been told by my physio not to do them for a while.
Here’s what my last few gym sessions have looked like:
Monday 26th November
- 5-5-5-5-5-5-3-3-3 x back squat (olympic bar, increasing weight to max weight of 56kg)
- 15 x bodyweight dips
- 1500m row (in 6:18 so 3.968 metres/second)
Wednesday 28th November
- 10 warm up bodyweight dips; then
- 5 x bodyweight dips every minute on the minute for 5 minutes
- 10 warm up myotatic crunches; then
- 10 x myotatic crunches every minute on the minute for 4 minutes; then
- 1500m row (in 6:45 so 3.703 metres/second)
My diet last week was very low carb. I suspect the better performance on Monday in the rowing was because I’d had a carb-up period over the preceding weekend, so I had plenty of glycogen in the tank, but by Wednesday I’d used most of it up.